There has never been a better time to start orthodontic treatment than right now. There have been so many innovations over the last few decades, one of the most notable being Invisalign. This clear system offers discreet and comfortable treatment that makes orthodontic care more accessible for image-conscious individuals.
Why Invisalign Treatment?
Before you rush to start Invisalign treatment, you should know all the benefits it can offer you. These include:
- Faster treatment, finishing in less time than with traditional braces
- Proven results, with success being documented over the last 20 years
- Comfortable aligners, never causing irritation the way metal appliances do
- Invisible, allowing for discreet correction of your smile
- Convenient, since you make adjustments at home and see us less often
The Invisalign Process
The process of being treated with Invisalign is simple and straightforward. Here is what you can expect:
- First, you will be evaluated at a consultation to determine what your orthodontic needs are and if Invisalign can effectively treat them. If it can, you can choose to move forward with treatment.
- At the same appointment or perhaps one set at a later date, depending on what works for you, you will have a scan completed using the iTero digital scanning system. This creates a 3D rendering of your dental anatomy.
- This scan is used by Invisalign’s software to create your treatment plan, with each step being an aligner. The doctor will tweak the plan if needed, then you will approve it.
- Once approved, the data is sent off and the aligners are made.
- You come back in once the aligners are ready and they are given to you. From there, you make adjustments at home by moving to the next aligner in the series every two weeks.
- You come back to see us every six to ten weeks depending on your needs.
- Once treatment is finished, you wear aligners to keep your teeth in place.
It really is that simple. If this sounds like the right treatment for you, schedule your appointment for us so we can see if it truly meets your needs.
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.