To all our valued patients and friends:
All of us here at Arbitman Orthodontics hope that you and your families are safe and well. We are beyond ready and excited to get back to work and see all of our wonderful patients again. We’ve missed you all so much!
Much has changed since we saw you last. We want to update you on our office, its measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy & safe. While our office has been closed, we have been diligently working on a re-opening plan that complies with OSHA, ADA, CDC, AAO and NYSDA guidelines.
To that end, in accordance with Governor Cuomo’s phased reopen plan, our ANTICIPATED re-opening will be on Monday, June 8th – (this is subject to change based on orders/ instructions from government authorities). We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure the safety & well being of you, our patients, and team members at Arbitman Orthodontics. We ask for your patience & understanding- we have had to move and re-schedule almost 2 months’ worth of appointments. We understand the strong desire to get your treatment back on schedule and thus we will be making every effort to schedule everyone as quickly as possible. Until then, we continue to be available to answer your questions, and Dr. Arbitman continues to be available for emergencies any time- so feel free to give us a call with any concerns you may have.
As a reminder:
The Hygiene and safety of our patients & families have always been our top priority. Our sterilization procedures go well beyond the ADA and state recommendations. For these reasons, our braces and wires come individually packaged in heat sealed blisters from 3M, the same company that produces the N-95 masks for all healthcare workers. In addition to this being a more hygienic product, the braces already have the adhesive on them, thus reducing the handling of the braces prior to putting them on your teeth. This system allows us to have a no contact bracket delivery, and maintain the manufacturers standards of sterilization.
In addition to all of the precautions already in place, we will be implementing additional measures in order to protect our families and staff.
- We will be protecting our team and our patients with the latest recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have invested in 2 medical grade JADE air purifiers in each office. These use HEPA, Carbon AND UV filters, which in tandem will clean the air in our office more than 2x/hour.
- We have all of the latest sterilization protocols in place to ensure that our facilities are ready for your arrival. We have also implemented a frequently scheduled disinfecting & sanitizing protocol throughout the office.
- We have temporarily closed our high-touch areas and removed all I- Pads and magazines from our waiting areas;
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment, as brushing stations and patient restrooms will be temporarily closed.
- In order to maintain and comply with social distancing guidelines, we will be decreasing the number of regular appointments per day. As a result, we will be EXTENDING our office hours for your convenience and to help control the flow of patient appointments.
- We ask that no more than 1 parent/ caregiver accompany a child to their appointment and that adults come to their appointments alone.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car; Upon arrival at the office please call us at (718) 848-6900 or text us at (516) 479-4723. (There will be signage that reminds you of our phone number and provides links to the health screening form). We will text you to notify you when we are ready to seat you for your appointment.
- Facemasks are required upon entering the office. This is not only for the protection of those around you, but it is also a New York State law. You will not be permitted into the office without a face covering.
- All patients will be screened for a fever upon arriving using a touchless thermometer. In accordance with CDC guidelines anyone presenting with a fever of 100 F will be rescheduled.
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well being will be emailed to you upon scheduling your appointment. This questionnaire must be completed prior to your arrival at the office for your visit. Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID- 19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will require us to postpone the appointment.
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms, feeling unwell or suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to proactively reschedule their appointment and not enter the office.
- It is important that you call ahead if you are experiencing an emergency or if you have a broken appliance. Due to the reduced capacity of the office, we cannot easily accommodate walk-ins and there may be long wait times for seeing patients who have not notified us of their emergency prior to arrival.
At Arbitman Orthodontics, we’ve always been held to the highest standards of safety including our cleaning and disinfecting protocols and we will be going above and beyond those already stringent standards. Our staff and patients are our family, and we are doing everything we can to keep our family safe. We thank you for your understanding and patience and look forward to seeing you again very soon!.
On a personal note, I am truly humbled and proud to be treating you and/ or your family. Having this time to reflect during this pandemic has only made me more grateful for my family, and of course, all of you. I look forward to welcoming you all back to the office soon.
With sincere Gratitude,
Dr. Boris Arbitman and the entire team at Arbitman Orthodontics